Форум Торонто - Torontovka.com
[Search] [Rules] [Register] [Login]
Forums » Archive » What TO DO to FEEL BETTER!!! 
Page: [1] 2 3 All
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 4:55:00 AM

1. Move Your Body — No one likes to hear it, but everyone knows that exercise is a scientifically validated way of reducing the stress of daily living. Find the activity that best suits your interests and lifestyle and go for it. Nowadays, most gyms offer a wide range of different types of exercise classes, from yoga and Pilates to spinning and kickboxing. If you're not into climbing the seemingly go-nowhere Stairmaster, join a sports team or form a walking group in your neighborhood.
2. Pamper Yourself — A day at the spa can be a cure-all for both body and mind. Let a professional masseuse knead all your problems away, or get a manicure, pedicure, cleansing treatment, or your favourite indulgence. Can't afford expensive spas, but hankering for the salon treatment? Many hair and beauty salons need models on which to test their students, and offer the same great services at free or deeply discounted prices. Nothing beats stress and gives your confidence a boost like a new look
3. Try Something Different — The trick with this tip is to do something that you don't usually do, whether it's because you feel you don't have the time or the talent. Do something you enjoy, but rarely make the effort toward. Bake a cake, paint a picture, write a poem, and take some photos—it's up to you. Spending time doing something creative is a good way of re-channelling wayward energy. At worst, this stress beater will distract you from your woes; at best, it'll allow you to gain a bit of perspective while engaging in the process of doing something constructive
4. Go Shopping — It might be hedonistic and spendthrift, but shopping can be a great stress reliever. Much of the shopping experience is actually walking around, and if you shop for something you actually need, you can justify your purchase-guilt-free. Don't buy something for the sake of buying. Will one more purchase break the bank? If the root of your stress stems from sickly finances, opt for the healthier alternative: window-shopping. The benefit to this variation? No buyer's remorse
5. Exercise Your Dialling Finger — Call up a family member, an old friend that you haven't spoken to in a while, or a good friend who knows you like the back of their hand. Ask them all about what's going on in their life, and feel comfortable communicating with them about your woes—if it comes up. If it does come up, don't linger on the cause of your stress; share with your friend without boring them. By listening to someone else's concerns instead of dwelling on your own, you can gain some contextual perspective on your stress-causing problems while catching up with someone you love
6. Sing! — Lungs of steel are not necessary to express how you're feeling. Put on golden oldies or music that you currently groove to and sing along with the whole album. Sing falsetto, sing off-key, sing a round, sing karaoke—just warm up those vocals and belt out melody after sweet melody. Consider lip-synching, or retreating into the shower where the falling water can drown out the horror that might be your voice. If that doesn't work, consider enrolling in some music therapy classes, where the therapists are all equipped with diverse musical training and soundproof earplugs.
7. Strike A Pose! — You don't have to be Michael Flatley or Madonna to let loose on the dance floor. Kick off your blue suede shoes and be footloose and fancy-free! Cut a rug to the sound of favourite songs from the past, or tune into the local radio station to see what's trendy. If you don't enjoy dancing at home alone, sign up for a dance class. Many dance studios offer both full courses and introductory single lessons in swing, tap, salsa, merengue, cha cha, waltzing, ballroom or line dancing. Whichever type is music to your ears, you'll quickly forget about your daily stresses
8. Take A Cat Nap — Ever wondered why our feline friends seem so much more relaxed and carefree than their human counterparts? My theory: cat naps.
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 5:14:00 AM

Вот не спиться тебе, ты была вчера супер! ;-)
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 6:54:00 AM

Vladimir спасибо за комплемент :oD а насчет не спится это правда ... чего-то не особо получается ...

--
Послушай тишину когда сидишь одна и может быть поймешь, зачем ты здесь нужна…
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 8:30:00 PM

BabyTiger! Что-то в тебе оптимизма нет, выше нос, у тебя такая красивая улыбка, где она? Или ты уже по нам скучаешь, не переживай, очень скоро опять соберёмся!

-------------------------------------------------------------
К чему слова, скоро весна!
Posted on Monday, January 6, 2003 8:38:00 PM

Edited by - andrew901 on 1/6/2003 8:38:56 PM
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 10:19:00 AM

I would post different topic:

What not to do to feel good.

I just wanted to remind to everybody that alcohol which is so popular in our beloved russian community decreases the ammount of natural opiodes in the brain which are among the rest responsible for good mood. The more you drink the less opiodes your brain makes therefore the worse you feel and need more alcohol to feel good even for short time.
Smoking decreses the blood flow in your brain causing oxygen starvation. Smokers have what appeares to be huge holes on pet scan (brain imaging technique) which are actually areas in the brain where blood does not reach anymore. Damage very similiar to the one done by drugs like cocaine, marijuana etc.

Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 10:26:00 AM

As for me, i better have a good time, smoke and have somthing to drink once in a while, then stare at the wall and think about some shit.
Oxygen starvation, turns out to be very great thing. Can you people, imagine, what the world would be if all of us would be like Hamlet? It's a chaos. We don't need to smoke, drink, we would be already fucked in the head naturaly, and enjoy our poor human being by thinking about how to clean our stomach through the tube which someone will stick up your ass.
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 10:44:00 AM

Hey, what Hamlet is saying makes sense, just because it was put in a rather dry form, it does not lack sense. I wish we would all learn to connect to each other by simply being ourselves rather than drinking or else.

I think people drink because they want to relax, but also to blury bounderies that stand in between real connection...we all miss that, in real life we miss human loving connection.
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 10:58:00 AM

Malish, i know, you and Hamlet have a common beliefs and shit like that, but hey, don't be standing behind him 24/7. The guy have a problems, that's obvious, look at the way he experesses. Now be carefull when you say that all people experesses differently and doesnt mean that if i dont understand him - he is idiot. No it doesn't, you would be absolutely right, but there are a fine line, difference between "differently" and sick. And his experessions are sick. It's hard to see the line, but once you see it, you would understand:)

If you always concerned about your health and wisdoms, you will be the complete idiot. We have only one life and why not enjoy it. I dont mean get drunk everyday, i mean why not go with the society on common ideas of having fun? If you concern about your health, what the hell does he doing breathing the polluted from emmissions air? He should be sitting in a gas chamber with clean oxygen. Oh, i forget, and maybe he would wear a diamond covered glove. Another fucking "wanna be" sign, in addition to his thousands.
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 11:01:00 AM

Connected to Wall,
well, inspite of all your grammar mistakes, I'd like to mark my post with your words : that I'd "be standing behind (Malysh)24/7 so don't be dissing her posts!
;p

==
"Hook, Line & Sinker."

Edited by - Thor on 1/7/2003 11:02:14 AM
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 11:03:00 AM

Hamlet,
btw, opium rocks and damn it makes you feel better than
anything!

got weed ? ;p
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 11:03:00 AM

Smoker and Drinker why not to disclose you smoked and drunk personality, so I know who am I talking too. May be you need couple of drinks to say who you are without being afraid.

As for your point I'm not a good example of happy not smoking and not drinking but many people are. Unfortunately I was like everybody else for a long time and then my body told me it couldn't take it anymore. To be honest I wish I was born in some normal country like Canada, so I didn't have to be poisoned by low life russian culture because of which I was drinking up to one litre of vodka at the time when I was only 16. So I can't say I'm not damaged by alcohol and smoking like everybody else, I just choose not to do it anymore. Its just a matte rof time before your body will present you with a bill for all the "good times" you had.
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 11:07:00 AM

Thor, my friend, it's obvious that you would stand behind someone 24/7, and i wonder why, maybe cause your destiny ( oh, you don't know that u have a destiny in life? ask Hamlet or Malish ) in life, is stand behind, without a chances to stand up for something.

My educated friend, i am very happy that u don't make any mistakes, that's absolutely great ( mozhesh kstati poiti vziat pirozhok s polochki ), but, grammar on Torontovka, is not my main priority:) believe me;)))) as long as you get the message, that's great:)
Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 11:09:00 AM

Connected to the wall, sometimes I hate this forum because of the people like you which choose to get personal instead of sticking to the topic.

Posted on Tuesday, January 7, 2003 11:10:00 AM

This is hell of an ancient debate "Me vs. Society"....many people who chose to be different were ostrasized by society.

I am not behind Hamlet 24/7, in fact based on our discussions on the forum it is actually quite the opposite;)
As for health issues, please understand that different people have different needs. For example, myself, I often go on raw diets because I feel that my body needs it, while other people may think it is an extreme...I am glad that my family supports my choices. Without going into too much detail, you can't always know why somebody chooses not to drink. Although, I do understand your point.

Also, it is very safe to assume that Hamlet does not wear "diamond gloves" nor that he picks his money with a plastic bag:)

And I still wish we could all connect without substances and just be free to be ourselves when sober.
Page: [1] 2 3 All
Forums » Archive » What TO DO to FEEL BETTER!!! 
Copyright © 2021 Torontovka.com, All rights reserved