Форум Торонто - Torontovka.com
[Search] [Rules] [Register] [Login]
Forums » Archive » Would you ever buy a gun if you could? 
Page: 1 2 [3] All
Posted on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 10:46:00 AM

Buy a gun? Sure why not, but not just any gun. I'd buy an H&K Mk23 (Socom), or an FN Five-seveN

Better yet pack one o'dose Berrett M82A1's or an H&K PSG1 in the trunck of your car.
The best solution though is mounting a Browning M2 or one of General Dynamics' gatling guns on the roof of your car and cutting an access hatch. There all better, now even a pissed off islamic militant will not come within 300 meter off your car. As a matter of fact you could declare war on say Scarborough and do a little ethnic clensing. Getting away with druck driving will never be easier, coz no cop in the right mind would approach a car with a gatling gun and an access hatch on the roof withough calling national guard 1st. If they do manage to arrest you bon't blame me if they lock you up somewhere beep inside 1001 Queen St. in a softroom for the rest of your life.

Now that we have this safety thing taken care off, onto other things.
Posted on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 11:34:00 AM

Thank you MA/\bIIII. Very nice to hear it from you.

Murzilka, 1st degree murder is when you plan to kill someone, kill a cop on duty, kill a witness to a crime. It makes little difference how you did it. By law you will get life in prison.
The weapon of murder makes difference when you pleas self defence. You always have to use reasonable force and knife and a gun are in very different categories.
For example, you are attacked by someone with a stick, and shoot him in the head. The amount of force used is exsesive, you could have shot him in the leg or something, to prevent harm to yourself but not kill him.

This is 3 years old info, could have been long changed.

Peace
Evric
Posted on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 3:53:00 PM

Мне кажется, что иметь личное оружие для самообороны совсем недурно даже в таком городе как Торонто
Posted on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 3:53:00 PM

Well CEO I think you are a bit off there. Killing a cop or a witness doesn't make it 1st degree murder. Your logic is sound, but your examples are not specific enough. Like you said "1st degree murder is when you plan to kill someone". If I remember correctly a prosecutor has to prove intent, motive and the action in order to convict anyone of 1st degree murder. While killing an officer of law is a different charge all together, killing a witness to a crime doesn't make it 1st degree murder without intent, motive and the action.

In self-defense reasonable force is subjective to the weapons used in the attack and in the defense. No one will argue that it is excessive to kill an attacker who has nothing but a stick, no matter how aggressive the attacker is, simply because such attacker doesn't pose much of a treat to a person with a gun. On the other hand if an attacker armed with a gun was aggressive to the point where one's life is in clear and present danger, then I’d make sure the attacker doesn't get up. Let me clear that up a bit. I don't think it is reasonable force to kill a mugger over a valet or purse, the attacker is not after your life here so the situation doesn't constitute clear and present danger for your life. The situation above is very easy to misjudge since a gun is a deadly weapon and most people would perceive a gun as an immediate threat to their lives reacting out of instinct to defend themselves with deadly, excessive force. Now take away the victim's means of defending themselves and now in exact same situation with exact same instinct of self-preservation the reaction is much different and the victim gives up some valuables and some dignity but at least does not taking a life. Now all you martial arts people out there tell me is it your fighting skill or is it your self-control discipline that going to be useful here, if it's the former the you really shouldn't have a gun, if it's the latter then you don't need one.

I my mind the only situation that calls for an unconditional use of a gun is when we have crazy psychotics running around Toronto killing people, then you better shoot that idiot to protect yourself and everyone else. Hopefully we live in a society that is more civilized then I gave it credit for.

In response to the thread that started this all "Would I ever buy a gun if I could?” No I would not I'd rather take some martial arts classes.
Posted on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 7:01:00 PM

I'ma pop a cap in y0 ass, f00 !
Posted on Thursday, October 4, 2001 12:16:00 AM

MAXIMAL :))
Rad tebia zdes videt, vidno ti hot nemnogo v zakone smislesh.

Now lets go point by point
The info I gace was 3 years old, you must know how much it could have been changed.

Killing a cop on duty IS 1st degree murder, so is killing a witness to a crime, but you must know he is a witness and u kill to keep him quiet.
DA does need intent, motiv and means to comit ANY crime, not only murder. You can't have any prosecution without any of the 3.

Officer of the law is a "movie word", its peace officer, and it could be many people, even pilots and firemen are peace officers.

In your second paragraph you were right about the reasonable and exsesive force. But yet again, everything in the law is subjective and given to interpretation of lawyers and judges.

Mojet ti so mnoi ne vezde soglasishsia, no vse ravno priatno pogovorit.
Btw, do you have any relationship to Michael Labovski?

Peace
Evric
Posted on Thursday, October 4, 2001 2:22:00 AM

CEO. Его отец ! =))
Page: 1 2 [3] All
Forums » Archive » Would you ever buy a gun if you could? 
Copyright © 2020 Torontovka.com, All rights reserved