Форум Торонто - Torontovka.com
[Search] [Rules] [Register] [Login]
Forums » Archive » I love big butts 
Page: [1]
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 4:22:00 PM

Следуюший этап: давайте жить в халупах - это нормально! А? :))

“I love big butts and I cannot lie”.

So went the bizarre tune of Sir Mix-A-Lot in ‘Baby Got Back’, which hit number one in 1991.

Now a major shoe and sporting goods company is hoping you’ll agree, taking a new approach to the traditional appearance of women in advertising. Nike has launched a series of controversial ads that show a less than svelte spokesmodel exhorting the virtues of the plus-sized gal.

The layouts show a woman with a large behind and a caption that reads, “my butt is big and that’s just fine. Those who might scorn it are invited to kiss it.”

Does anyone find it offensive? It depends on who you ask.

“I think it’s very healthy,” responds Monica Tsang. “I mean not every woman has the perfect body and we should just embrace what we have.”

“There’s too many, like, anorexic chicks out there,” agrees one young adult in what may have started out to be a compliment.

That’s music to Nike’s ears, since it took a chance that the public was becoming fed up with the traditional model behind those traditional models.

“It strikes a chord with women,” maintains Derek Kent of Nike Canada. “People look around at the gyms and they know that everybody’s body type is different and this campaign celebrates that.”

It’s the continuation of a spreading concept that other advertisers are already embracing. It aims to show real people instead of the razor thin alternatives Madison Ave. is fond of promoting.

Still, some don’t buy what those advertisers are selling. They complain the backside depicted may be bigger, but it’s still in good shape.

“My problem with this is that, O.K., once again, nice try for showing bigger bodies … but it’s still not representative of everyday women,” exhorts Renee Aubrey.

Still, the extra avoir dupois doesn’t worry those in the fashion industry. “Do I think all the fashion magazines are suddenly going to turn around and start embracing a real shape?” Flare Magazine’s Lisa Tant asks rhetorically. “No, I don’t.”

The ads start running in major magazines over the next few months, with no ifs or ands – but plenty of butts.
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 6:34:00 PM

Это о чем? В двух словах на родном языке, плиз. Ну в лом читать.
Page: [1]
Forums » Archive » I love big butts 
Copyright © 2020 Torontovka.com, All rights reserved