Форум Торонто - Torontovka.com
[Search] [Rules] [Register] [Login]
Forums » Archive » The Human Kingdom 
Page: [1]
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 9:51:00 AM

On Sunday we were watching "Scorpion King". It seems like the producers of the movie were at odds with those who've made "The Mummy" and Scorpion King actually turned out to be a good guy.

I liked it, and if you like historical, nicely designed with special affects movies then go for it!

If I had imagined how Hercules looks like, he would look like the main character: huge, healthy, strong, and manly. Our men after watching the film for a long time continued boxing the air and fighting imaginary fights on the way back to the car. Manhood wake up call!:)

How important is your health to you, do you live in the moment crossing your fingers for your body not noticing greasy hamburgers that you just ate? Is walking from the car to an elevator is the only exercise you do? Do you consciously take care of your mental and emotional health?
When do you feel the healthiest?
Do you praise yourself when you do something healthy (in your terms) to yourself?

He who enjoys good health is rich, though he knows it
not. -- Italian Proverb
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 10:06:00 AM

I praise myself when I do 'good', but I am very down at myself when I do 'bad'. It starts with feeling sorry for myself, then angry, then angrier, then I change my habits and I start feeling good again.

It is a cyclical thing. Many books were written about it. I don't go to the gym like I used to. I run sometimes, do yoga and deep breathing exercises. I find it more relaxing, and if I feel for action and fun, I dance. I think dancing will stay with me always; cause dancing is as ancient as life.

I feel better now than I've felt in years because I have less stress and I quit using all the herbal uppers. Feeling healthy does so much to self-esteem, mood and general well being.

Some people say, we live only once and being healthy means taking away the pleasure. It is not true, of course there should be a balance and if a person forcefully restrict him/herself from something, it is also stressful, unless an addiction is an issue. Feeling healthy is very fulfilling, it is not only about looks, and realizing that you are good to yourself, but it actually feels good;))
Page: [1]
Forums » Archive » The Human Kingdom 
Copyright © 2021 Torontovka.com, All rights reserved