Форум Торонто - Torontovka.com
[Search] [Rules] [Register] [Login]
Forums » Archive » Memoirs 
Page: [1]
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 1:45:00 PM

My Granny and Grandpa came to visit us in Toronto from Siberia a year ago. She brought with her 15 notebooks of memoirs written by my grand grandfather by the name Konstantin. They are pretty ancient even though he wrote them as a grown man. He was a gypsy adopted by a Russian Family who was very poor and had many kids of its own while living in a village. They’ve done that because at that time they were paid some little money to adopt a kid and later on were either to foster him or give him back to the foster home. My grand grandpa describes how it was tough on him to be a an adopted gypsy in the village, he writes about famine, about beauty, about their mutual love with dad, about revolution, about war, about going eventually to Institute, about marrying grand grandma. It is absolutely fantastic and most importantly it is REAL.
Mommy wants to publish it all.

I’ve mentioned that to Paul, musician at work, because he told me that his sister is coming to pick up video tapes after work, where he and her are tap dancing. His sister works on a Cruise ship for a dance company. I asked him whether anyone in his family was into music or dance and he said that only his grand grandfather was a tap dancer. It made me think, because I am the only person in the family who is fascinated by astrology, mysticism., spirituality, fortune telling etc…Are those Gypsy roots me that are talking, am I am the soul of my great gypsy ancestors?

Paul said he wants to write memoirs of his own. Good idea.

Do you have any memoirs from your relatives, any antique stuff from long time ago? Lets share.
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 1:56:00 PM

I don't think your interests are inherited. Genes are inhereted. Not interests.

As far as past is concerned, it is always fascinating. My family for example immigrated to Canada about a hundred years ago, but then then came back to Russia(that was way before revolution otherwise they would'not have come back), and now we are here again. World is so twisted.
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:05:00 PM

Малыш, I think interests are not inherited, you get them during your life from small things that just happen and make you become interested in something...or may be books you read once....or just things that you consider as a challenge.
About mystics, gypnosa and so on : I don't have any Gypsy roots, but I'm interested in this kind of things already for a pretty long time :-)
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:07:00 PM

МАЛЫШ, какая интересная история....
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:20:00 PM

Check your e-mail...
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 3:24:00 PM

Ma/\bIIII
Хех) Как интересно)) У меня тоже есть записи моего прадеда через все интересные исторические периоды. Он был смотрителем гимназий и сидел за свои политические взгляды, кажется при всех властях, но каким-то образом успел народить шестерых детей.... Последние записи уже из сталинских лагерей, откуда он собсно и не вернулся. Тоже очень интересно читать. Эдакий исторический документ с привязкой к собственной семье.-)
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 1:45:00 PM

Мне мои предки к сожалению ничего не оставили (записей, фото). Знаю только что была у меня пробабушка (тоже звали Марией), ну так вот мне мама рассказала что владела какой-то силой. Могла излечивать.
И еще сказали что любила детей , они быстрее успокаивались у нее на руках чем у кого-либо другого.

Я хотела узнать о ней больше , но никто мне так ничего и не рассказал, сказали что похоже на нее и все.
Кстати в своей жизни я тоже много работала с детьми и очень люблю их.

Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 2:01:00 PM

Я читала дневники своего прадедушки и дедушки. К тому же у бабушки ещё куча дневников:-)
Очень интересно было читать дневник прадедушки. Незнакомым почерком написана история жизни незнакомого мне человека. Но все равно интересно как он путешествовал через Польшу,потом всю Европу, Америку, Японию и обратно в Россию. Как он учил английские слова, какие то девочки в портовом городе научили его английским буквам, и он смог прочитать названия кораблей.

A sloni to letaut! A dinozavri to ne vimerli!
Page: [1]
Forums » Archive » Memoirs 
Copyright © 2020 Torontovka.com, All rights reserved